The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Monday, December 8, 2014

One Week Detox

It has been one week on this detox/vegan journey. It feels nice to be putting my energy into something positive for myself.

So far I have experienced headaches, light fever, and dizziness. Yes, I have gone to the bathroom more, I have been striving for about a gallon of water to help my body flush the toxins out. This past weekend I was at Boost Fest in Arizona, which happened to be about 10 minutes away from my favorite Vegan café, Pomegranate Café. I managed to keep on my diet until we went to dinner. I couldn't resist, and few pieces of red meat. I did not finish it, and it did make me a little bloated, and well, gassy. HAHA.

My boyfriend had a piece of chocolate cake and asked if I wanted some. To my surprise, I just had zero interest in it, which felt good to turn it away. This whole week I have cut out all processed junk and although I can feel my body still cleaning itself, I do feel better. Oddly enough, I cannot sleep not because I am uncomfortable, but I feel super energized. When I wake up, I feel good and refreshed, no longer drinking coffee.

Today I had a light day. Green juiced fruits and veggies from the donut shop up the street, kale salad, and lentil bean soup. I feel a bit sick again right now, but I am powering through it. Just like I already knew, stress is a trigger for me to eat, it is my vice. My boyfriend is out of town for the PRI Show in Indianapolis for the week. I do miss him, even though he space is good and needed, I can't help but feel the cravings once I let the feeling of being home alone get to me. I reach for my gallon, do some work, and that does the trick.

My pants fit better, and I noticed that my face isn't so puffy. This week I am going to add exercise into the mix with no pre workout and see how my body takes it. Today I registered as a full time student at the local CC to finish my Associates program. February is going to be busy and once the racing season starts, I know things will be crazy. I want this healthy routine to be established before the fun starts so I have total control.

Thank you to everyone who has been supportive and interested in my journey! Everyone has one, I love sharing mine.

1 comment: