The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Monday, December 1, 2014

Take 2

It has been about a year since I transitioned back to "regular eating" from vegan. Weight gain is about all the change I thought I was going through until recently. Before I went vegan, I developed these skin rashes that I thought were from stress. Turns out, I have psoriasis. I have always been in good health, but now things are getting scary. I have been developing bruises on my hands and chest without any injury to that area. Recently, I have had ZERO energy and can sleep all day and night if I had the option. I am highly anemic and it is very frightening how quickly a year can dramatically effect your health.

The biggest thing that scares me is that kidney disease runs in my family. My father lost his kidneys nearly overnight without feeling anything, and my mother was the donor. The past year has been difficult in many aspects, and I let my health suffer as a result. I am sick now because of negligence and this needs to change.

I remember catching shit for being a vegan at the time, but that was the healthiest point of my entire life; contrary to what others may feel is "healthy". My psoriasis was non existent, I had plenty of vitamins (especially iron) and I could "feel" my organs being at full function. I have decided to try and maintain as close to a vegan eating habit as possible. Despite the teasing and negative comments, I have to do it for my health.
 
Feeling as sick as I do most of the day can't be healthy, so I am looking forward to undergoing the detox that will make  e feel like total shit even more to get myself to 100%. People like my boyfriend think it's "feminine" to be vegan, or its unhealthy. That's fine, to each their own, but I ask you be respectful in my journey, especially since I put so much of myself out there through this blog. I hope that this decision can inspire others to make changes not only in fitness and health, but whatever aspect of your life that you feel is slowly killing you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment