The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Welcome Back

It feels weird to be back behind the keyboard writing on this. I know a lot of you have flocked to my blog to see if there were any updates regarding Yukio's condition. The past few months have been incredibly challenging, but have matured me into a responsible adult. I want to set the record straight on a few things, but I just am not sure it is quite time to.


What many of you need to understand is that in all reality, Yukio's medical condition is none of anyone's business. This is not an "industry thing" not a "oh, am I cool enough to visit" type deal. This is a human being who is ill. Some people have gone as far as to ask when he is coming back to work so your stupid projects can get a turbo; a week after his stroke. I hope all of you who fall into that category feel the disgust I have for you and hope we never cross paths in person.


Yukio chose to have a very public life, and now I am giving him what he has needed; privacy. Yes, I brought him home and he is starting to improve faster. Right now, I do enjoy sharing some of our good moments in the privacy of our home. He is happy, improving slowly, and we take life day by day. I do not plan on making public much besides that, especially the extent of his injuries and general health.


I have been, from the start, taking care of everything. I am his medical power of attorney and legal guardian, so I am the point of contact when it comes to medical information and treatment. This is how it has been since day one and I just wanted to clear that up. It was only a few weeks ago we had the official paperwork executed with two witnesses. I also want to address the whole Turbo by Garrett/Workman's Comp/Cigna questions people ask and want to answer; it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. What Honeywell has to do, they are doing, what Cigna has to do, they are doing. I have heard many things from people that assume what is going on because "oh well Honeywell is a big company". Don't worry about, not your place to know any of that information.


I will continue as much as I can to update from my perspective as his guardian and how my life is. Every day is a challenge that I accept with open arms and hopefully handle gracefully. Handful of people don't like me for what they think they know and that's okay. Hi, hello, keep letting it dig in your mind that I am not going anywhere. Eventually one day I will set the record straight, but that won't be for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment