The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekend SLO-cation

The rest of the weekend was so much fun! After leaving the ghetto Solvang subway, I fought with a bit more traffic then finally hit the 101 for another hour and a half to Pismo Beach. San Luis Obispo is about 15 minutes away, but I really wanted to try and play around with my camera and explore a bit before meeting my best friend for shopping. What do ya know! It's gloomy and cold in Pismo! The times I have been there have always been sunny and total beach town USA status, but being the "arteeest" that I am, I knew I could crank out a few interesting shots. Walking down to the beach and seeing the waves and crowds completely dead, I snapped a few abstract shots of the pier, old fence, and one killer one of a surfer braving the freezing water. Unfortunately, my card reader is in my car, which happens to be in the shop today, so I'll have my pictures up tomorrow. After wrapping up my impromptu photo shoot, I zoomed on over to Brandi's place where we headed to Downtown SLO to find her an amazing birthday dress for bar hopping. The most FABULOUS store ever exists there and I highly recommend stopping there when you are in Central Cali. The place is called HepKat, and they carry edgy pinup era clothing, shoes and accessories, they even have a sassy beauty salon in store as well! In the very front off to the right is a wall of pure guilty pleasure; 4 INCH HEELS. Not just any heels, Bordellos! One of my favorite brand EVER! Cause lets just be real here, anything with crystals and pink makes me melt! $170 later, I am the new momma of a pair of pink Bordellos, and couldn't be more thrilled! After the shoes, we picked out some fabulous dresses. Maybe its the blonde hair, but I normally would never pick a cream colored dress, however, the one I bought just worked for me. Cream and baby pink; so whimsical! The rest of the night was filled with Vodka showers and bar hopping. For some reason, and maybe because I'm not a college student, I didn't really dig the Iparty scene in Downtown SLO. Clubs and bars elsewhere in LA and Long Beach seemed more lively, more... Drunk! haha. 


All in all, I love it up in the Central coast and looking forward to the next trip up there! I'll be sure to make it a review trip with all the cute shops and bars.


xoxo Drift Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment