The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Monday, July 29, 2013

Fluffy Bunny --> Lean Bunny

I have been getting a lot of wondering messages, emails, and feedback from my Lost and Found post. one of the most popular questions comes from my health and fitness journey. 

For starters, I am a vegan. Vegans are a one step further than vegetarians, although I highly respect PETA and care about how animal rights, 95% of being vegan to me is for the health benefits and to keep me accountable for staying on track. Many people start "diets" and eventually fail because diets are temporary and focus mostly on your caloric intake. I focus on truly feeding and nourishing my body with pure and clean foods that are nutrient rich, in turn, my body isn't as hungry, I don't overeat, and everything else pretty much runs itself. Water intake is very important too, you don't want to drink too much, otherwise you gain water weight especially if you don't balance it with flushing it out. Pun intended and not. I personally aim for a gallon of water throughout the day, and my kidneys seems to be very happy from it. 
For those who are not familiar with what vegan entails it is basically eating like a gerbil. No animal bi-products and of course no meat. No dairy; cream, milk, cheese, eggs, fish, etc. I also stay away from processed foods like junk food, white/bleached flour, oils, candy, just anything "bad for you" I keep my distance. It is hard sometimes, I won't lie, there's times I really want Korean BBQ but I will get very sick if I did, I tried it in March, had like A steak taco and threw it up. Anything not healthy, I get sick to my stomach or some pains. 

The other most important aspect of this is working out. We all have to do it eventually. I started in February with a HIT cardio conditioning DVD, Turbo Fire. Chalene Johnson. Its a harder spin off her original Turbo Jam, also another great program. It focuses on hit intensity training and lots of choreographed moves. Lots of fun, gets you in cardio vascular shape ASAP. I did that for about a month until I challenged myself to try Insanity by Shaun T. HOLY HELL. That program is NO joke whatsoever. I had been training already and it kicked my bunny tail super hard. I would say in honestly 4 days I could see a difference, which is good, I couldn't walk for literally a week. My calves were literally goo and it was painful to do anything. Once I did Insanity for a month I felt it was time to really step it up; my body was so much stronger and I could feel the muscle gain starting. The day after I came home from my stupid El Paso trip I ordered the Asylum by Insanity, also by Shaun T. I had heard about it and decided to just buy it blind, sort of like my engagement *zing!*
This program is exactly how I used to train with my old sports in high school, and instantly fell in love. It comes with a speed ladder, jump rope, and workouts that make Insanity feel like a warm up. The first half of this program is a 30 day challenge that you follow and do a before and after fit test as well as a suggested before and after selfie. 
I am 4 days away from completing the 30 day challenge and WOW. My body is so much more cut and lean than ever, I have triceps, biceps, my quads are much leaner and my stomach actually has obliques peaking through. On the flip side of the 30 day calendar, there  is another 30 day challenge, but it is a hybrid of asylum with P90x or Insanity; two a days. Since I am really trying to challenge myself, I will be doing the hybrid with P90x. I do take a preworkout before I do difficult cardio days for that extra spark and push. I used to take Hemorage but it was taken out of GNC so I switched to C4, which I like a lot better, especially the flavor, it's pretty decent for a supplement. Recently I tried a new flavor; strawberry margarita, feels like I'm at happy hour before working out! (:

Turbo Fire, Insanity, and Asylum are by Beach Body and I highly recommend them. Chalene Johnson and Shaun T are definitely my favorite celebrity trainers and bring the case to you in your own home.

With anything, consistency is key, so if you find a fitness program you are comfortable with, stick with it all the way, change doesn't happen overnight. I am not a doctor or nutritionist, but I do have experience and know what works for myself. Being vegan isn't for everyone, so I'm not here to push it on you, except for eating clean. Working out is hard at the beginning, but you will get better at it before you know it.

I still have a little ways to go, and feel like I'm at the point where the last bit of "fluff" is hardest to loose, but challenge has been accepted and I can't wait to see where I'm at in another month. Lets be in the battle together xo

hopping off to go workout, 
Drift Bunny xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment