The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Monday, August 5, 2013

Cheers to the freakin weekend

I hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend! It hasn't been as hot as Southern California usually is at this point of summer and got to spend all of Saturday in beautiful Los Angeles. I haven't seen my friend Michelle in a while since she's been super busy with all the amazing opportunities in modeling lately including Roll Models, the reality show on the Loud network. Have you guys checked it out? Totes love.



Saturday we went to this amaziiiiing place for lunch at the Grove called Veggie Grill, holy Vegan heaven, it was amazing. Tried kale for the first time with my baja wrap with Chick'n (soy meat) and instantly fell in love. We went to get foot massages after with her roommate and this was my very first time getting one so I was a little curious when we went into a dark room with sub rooms all over. This is now officially my favorite pampering activity, they rub your feet then like a legit massage after, clothes on. So amazing, need to do that more often. 






After hanging out with Michelle, I decided I really didn't want to go home, so instead I drove down traffic clogged Santa Monica Blvd to hang out around the promenade and walk by the beach. There were a lot of fun things going on with the street performers, lots of talented singers and dancers. 







Of course, you have those crazy nuts who preach about their hardcore Jesus beliefs and such and also animal rights people with the meat is murder program. I love animals and all, but that's not why I'm vegan, tend to mind my own business haha. After getting some frozen yogurt (dairy free of course) I walked across this really talented singer with a younger guy on the drums playing that new song "Radiocative"and while playing the guitar and holy shit was he good. Great tone, soft voice, I was really impressed since street performers are generally the same skill wise; I could hear that there was that spark of talent in him. Scott Stowe is his name, and I liked his voice so much so that I decided to buy one of his CD's; he sounds like Jason Mraz meets Jon Foreman.










https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Stowe/117932281766 








Leaving Santa Monica I headed over to my friend Steve's house who lives close to downtown LA to have dinner with him and two other friends Luis and Ruthie. They're probably some of the most honest and funniest people I have ever met, really glad to have them as friends. We headed over to Ktown (Koreatown) to have korean bbq for dinner, which was a bummer for me because I'm on that vegan program and have to restrain myself from eating amazingly amazing bulgogi beef. The place we go to is on 6th street called Hae Jang Chon, or the Happy Pig as Steve calls it; there is a giant happy pig on the sign outside the restaurant. Two doors down there's a Korean lounge bar thing that we usually go to drink before going next door. I forgot the name, but it's a pretty awesome place to hang out. I ate only rice paper, rice with chili paste, kimchi, french fries, and salad, which wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. As much as I wanted to drink or take just one shot, I held back, God forbid I get pulled over with any alcohol in my system, that would be the end of many aspirations for me. There will always be other times again to drink and have fun responsibly!
I fell asleep on the way back, so I knew it was time to head home. My day ended at 1:30 in the morning and it was a much needed day of fun and no worries.











Sunday was just a lazy day and I ended up hanging out with my mom at her place with my grandma. Helped around with few things and fell asleep super early, which was great for today, my mom had a closing on a property that called for the broker file to be completed, which I had done earlier. 

This Sunday, in Fontana, it is the annual 86 fest! It will be my first time going if nothing else pops up. Bring your friends, change your plans, but head out to experience this great event that has lots of good stories attached to it.




How was your weekend? (:

xo Drift Bunny


No comments:

Post a Comment