The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Nutshell

My infamous time gaps, ah yes. Lovely, aren't they? I know, I know, I am terrible at updating. Here's the truth, it has been hard to update often with the situations I've been in. When I lived at home, our family PC was on it's last leg of life, so working on photos and posting/blogging was challenging. My mother let me use her work laptop on occasion to edit, but with work, obviously that was priority. So as always, here is the juicy post that catches you up to speed on the past 6 months or so on my life in motorsports and off the track.

I last left you all on a cliffhanger before SEMA. If you all follow my Instagram (@thedriftbunny) then you saw how crazy it was with the crazy industry parties every night, the exciting show itself, and of course, hanging out with a variety of new faces and old ones. I hadn't experienced wither SEMA or Vegas until that week, which was the most fabulous thing ever, going back to Vegas when it isn't SEMA is going to be debated ;) If any had noticed I went out there on Halloween, it was for a certain reason, and no, it was not to get extra partying in. 

This now brings me to one of the most exciting and special chapter in my life that I have already been very open with, the love of my life; my boyfriend Yukio. I went out early to hang out with who I originally saw as a friend, and wanted to just have fun few days early. Right off the bat, it was like I had known this person for years, and it was like seeing those animated stars when we had our conversations. Ironically, in the city of sin, I fell in love.

About December time, things at home were once again, rough and not working out. Just like last year, I left unexpectedly. I stayed in Moopark for a few weeks figuring things out and working a small part time at my favorite store, Sprouts. After about a month, I moved in with my boyfriend to the beautiful South Bay. We live on the border of Redondo Beach and Torrance, and it is so lovely here. Living on my own for a bit last year is totally different now, especially since I chose to have a better and positive state of mind than last year. Life for the past 4 months have been an adjustment, and I am now barely seeing here as my home. I have the most loving and supportive boyfriend here that wants to make sure I am always comfortable and happy as to where living in Highland Park, I had no one. Don't get me wrong, I am not an ignorant young woman that is going to sit here and rant about how I have the "best boyfriend in the world", because we have our ups and downs learning to cohabitate together.

The hardest aspect of living with a boyfriend has been the struggle to accept that I am no longer an "I" and have to learn to share space and adjust habits of mine like when I lived at home or on my own. All in all, it is fun, Yukio has an incredible career (in motorsports of course) and I have been lucky enough to go with him to few drag races and two time attacks. Today, we are  going to the 2nd day of the Long Beach Grand Prix, and it is just amazing. Being with someone who shares my love for motorsports feels like I've slipped on a pair of glass slippers.

Of course, there has to be one thing that isn't so peachy. I fell off the vegan/healthy wagon. I FEEL SO GUILTY! It really sucks. When I lived at home, our family room was very spacious and i could move my couches quite easily and get my workouts in, here, not so much ( haha). Yes, yes, I do remember my motivational sayings and postings, I should just move the damn sectional couch we have here along with the coffee table. The space here is small, however, I need to just suck it up. My whole being felt so in balance last year, and now I just want to be back in that spot. Hopefully that motivation stick whacks me in the head and there will be no belly aching about this! 

So there you have it, my life over the past 6 months or so. now that we have Internet and I have a laptop that won't travel from me, I can attempt to update this weekly (hopefully). I am planning on introducing a new blog on my cohabitation adventures, but will most likely just merge those stories with this blog. 

Off to the races we go! Make sure to keep up with my pink adventures of Instagram; @thedriftbunny... Let's see if I can reach 50k followers! :)

xo Drift Bunny 



No comments:

Post a Comment