The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Home for a Minute

I just got back home from visiting Moorpark, and when I say visit, I mean touch and go. It felt really strange being back there and not going home, but it was almost like a sigh of relief in the sense of the familiarity of the town. My best friend Katrina met up with me at one of my most favorite restaurants, Natural Cafe. That was actually one of the two first part time jobs that I had when I was in high school, and when I did the vegan thing, that was my prime place for fuel. Talking and catching up with one of the few important friends I have in my life right now made me feel less stressed out and reminded me of who I am and where I came from. We did a little shopping at the local TJMaxx and it was like stepping back in time. Yukio worked a half day today and was manning Casa De Yukio/Emma and I could tell it was feeling quiet because he had to text me about his yummy $10 burrito from FreeBirds that filled his tummy. 

After hanging out with Katrina, I headed over to Thousand Oaks to meet my Dad and of course, POOCH!!! I FINALLY got to see my doggie after 2 months! He shook and shivered like he had just taken a cold bath and smelled my eye balls uncontrollably. That is how my doggie shows affection, and that is just perfect by me :) Apparently, I am not missed that much at my former household, which brought many things into perspective for me. This message was passed through my Dad. Hearing that really hurt my heart and made my feel a small sense of emptiness, but who wouldn't feel that? I am truly on my own, however, I have someone who is always trying and willing to make me smile. My new friends here are so welcoming and accepting; today has solidified how much this move was needed and how hard I need to keep working in order to keep it running.

Still needing to kill time, I went over to the old Sprouts grocery store that I worked at to say hello to my old coworkers. That was such a nice little visit, seeing old faces and catching up briefly on what has been going on for the past 4 months after I left. Driving home, I encountered the lovely LA traffic which I didn't enjoy one bit. I can't believe I made that drive back and forth when I began dating Yukio, guess I really liked that man lol. 

It's funny how things happen for a reason and fall into place in their own perfect ways. Although no life or relationships are perfect, mine is just fine and makes me feel special and most of all, happy.

xo Drift Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment