The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Weekly






The past few weeks have been interesting on top of our laptop dying on us. I finally found a new job at an awesome property management company, Yukio left to Europe for about 12 days, and I got a pet bunny. Yes, the irony is obvious, but my friend Tiffany needed to give him up for adoption and I told her if I landed this job I’d take him. He is so adorable, while and grayish silver. Not sure why, but his coat reminds me of the F1 Mercedes team colors, so I renamed him, Nico, after Nico Rosberg. I tend to do that, perfect example would be my doggie, Tanner. He has gold and black, like the Rockstar energy team, which Tanner Foust drove for in FD.




It is my 3rd day at my new job, and I am feeling like this is going to be a good match. Although Yukio came home for barely 2 days, he left for Formula D Atlanta and is coming home first flight on Sunday. It does make me a bit sad that he has been gone for 2 weeks; I never really saw how close we got until we have been apart. Through the ups and downs and everything in between, I know this brings me more into the realm of adulthood and maturity, which has also been a growing pain. Our apartment feels like home finally, and my transition into a cohabitation is starting to be more relaxed.



Last night I went through my Instagram account and came across the old photos I took at my Mom’s 50th birthday dinner at my Grandma’s house last year. We don’t talk, at all. We had another falling out back in December and haven’t spoken since, although I have my own feelings towards the situation, I wish it wasn’t hostile. After reminiscing through pictures and memories, it became clear that I really am the black sheep of my family, at least on my Mother’s side. I am the only different sheep amongst the heard, but that is what sheep do, the follow and conform. My cousins, my brother, and myself, were born out of wedlock and at a very young age. All the marriages are ending, but for some reason, the way of thinking has not changed. This is where the disagreements have come from and why I refused to follow the same path, I need to make my own mistakes, learn, and evolve. I definitely feel lonely on the family side of things, but life sometimes deals hands that are not what we preferred. Hopefully one day in the future, my mom will be proud of me without any contingencies and we will see eye to eye rather than agree to disagree.




 As many of you already know, I have my Real Estate license and have been in the industry for about 8 years now. Recently, I have decided to go back to school. Ultimately, I would like to achieve an MBA and hopefully enter the professional side of motorsports with a tire company or team. Falling back on my RE license has been helpful, but with the encouragement of my boyfriend, I have realized that I need to have a stronger education if I want to go above and beyond the average “comfortable” life. Hard work does pay off, so I am looking forward to going back to school and just learning new things.

Slow and steady wins the race (of life, not motorsports) and as of now, I am back on track. So far, I have learned that life and love require hard work, patience, and compassion. First you need all the correct ingredients, and then you mix them together, then finally enjoy the cupcakes of your labor.

xox Drift Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment