The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Monday, May 12, 2014

Weeknd Report



Formula Drift Atlanta took place this weekend at the world famous Road Atlanta track in Braselton, GA. For myself, this meant one more weekend being alone and waiting for Yukio to come home. Normally, a few days apart is not a big deal, but we have been apart for a little over two weeks now, so I was really excited for Sunday morning to roll around. There was horrible weather this weekend at the track, and my Facebook feed was flooded with complaints that Formula Drift needed to get their shit together because the livestream was down. Honestly, it isn’t their fault; they aren’t am internet/cable company or technicians. It was just annoying and sad to see lots of entitled people complaining as if they paid for this bonus that is provided free. I get it, we want to watch some of our friends and teams compete, but seriously, if you’re going to talk shit and complain, tag names directly or blame the correct source of the problem. Another thing I saw that made me roll my eyes was some kid from the PNW calling Formula Drift drivers “pussies” for doing shakedowns since the track had some wet spots. He even went as far as to compare the skills of Formula 1 drivers to the skills of Formula Drift, that one made me laugh big time. It’s not like this rookie cut it for this season anyways or has competed throughout the ENTIRE series in the type of cars that the top 16 drivers have. Don’t knock it until you’ve been in their shoes, or at least be Nico Rosberg to run your mouth. Personally, I didn’t watch the event, I wished all the Garrett drivers well, but went on my day. Terrible Drift Bunny, I know.
Speaking of F1, who else is stoked that Mercedes wins again? Personally, I am a Rosberg fan, but still thrilled that Hamilton took it. Anyone in the LA area doing something fun for F1 Monaco? My boyfriend and I want to eventually do F1 parties. He is a Kimi fan, so Ferrari fans, I suppose you are welcome to hang out LOL.
The fun doesn’t stop as this weekend we are heading to Pomona for NHRA which is a perfect since I am in the process of writing my Female Friday spotlight on a drag racer. Funny enough, drag racing and time attack are the newest motorsports I have been going to more than drifting this season and am really starting to enjoy it. NHRA is fun, but it seems a bit old school for my taste, Import Faceoff is what I am getting into. I’ve never been a fan of Hondas, typical grassroot fangirl, I was all about Nissans. Close minded on my part, I have been enjoying being around other cars on the strip more and more. Hopefully this season, with or without my partner in crime, I’ll be able to watch another World Challenge event or maybe even photograph it. Yukio is turning me into a race nerd!
I am starting to really love my new job, and especially the fact that I have weekends off. It has been really interesting working in Los Angeles, specifically the “west side”. I worked for a shitty property management company that had me out of two buildings; one on Ocean Ave in Santa Monica, and the other in the fancy part of Brentwood. Eventually, I stayed in Brentwood which was more enjoyable because the other office girl became my friend. Ironically, she went to school with Walker Wilkerson, small world! My weekends were Monday and Tuesday which blew big time. One thing I noticed about working on this side of LA is the type of people that throve here. You have your wannabe kardashians, real housewives, bored with too much money, or starving actor one gig on 3rd street promenade away from hitting it big. Although there is an artificial vibe, it is fun, I feel like I am working in another planet so to speak. When you find people who are genuine, or out of state transplants, it is like finding a plastic toy in the cereal box. I live in the South Bay side of Los Angeles, specifically where we live is very close to the beach, so it is a laid back vibe. That is one of the things I like about this city, it is a huge melting pot of people, cultures, and things to do.
I guess you can say I feel at home here finally, I have bled out the last of Moorpark from my system. Although I miss my itty bitty doggie, that is just a 45 minute quick fix I have somewhat gotten over. Last month I even changed my number to a 310 area code, just felt right.
There is never really a dull moment for too long in my new life lately, I have my ups and my downs too, but accepting that has become something that has come with time. I am working my ass off to make sure I keep a consistent forward pace with my relationship, career, and journey in development as a photographer and writer in motorsports. Hopefully there are few people out there who read this and find some sort of relation in situations and are inspired to keep on keepin’ on.

xoxo Drift Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment