The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Humpday

Yes, today is the official half way point of the week and proper times to use the hastags #humpday #womancrushwednesday #WCW. What are you guys up to this weekend? If you're in SoCal, it's perfect to hit the beach, like my coworker, but she's taking it a step more awesome and heading to Catalina Island (jealous!)
First things first, my #WCW not so obviously is my boyfriend, especially since he has been so patient with me and my grouchiness lately. Yes, hard to believe, this adorable bunny gets grouchy from time to time.This weekend we are hitting up Pomona for NHRA, and I will be shooting! I really like watching the funny cars race since that was what originally thought all drag racing was.
 

My coworker Silvia told me about this really cool movie screening event that happens every other weekend at the Hollywood Forever cementery. You get your blankets, your snacks, and your alcohol (for you over 21'ers)  and watch an oldie but goodie movie on the lawn. Since we are going to be gone this weekend, the 24th is playing Jaws, which just sounds like a lot of win. 


Instagram is also a good haven for finding good and random things to do in LA. Recently, I found this nail salon, Laque Nail Bar in North Hollywood. Their work is beyond sick, and their prices are ridiculously reasonable. The end of the month I am planning to head up there and get some new bunny claws attached, with crystals of course! What other way would it be? Since I started at my new job last week, this upkeep will need to be reinstated . 


As for you party people who enjoy a night on the town, I'd suggest checking out the scene in Hermosa Beach. Laid back beach community vibe, upscale restaurants for you foodies, and plenty of bars sprinkled up and down to the pier. One of my favorite spots to start at is Waterman's, good for lunch, watching the game, and especially to start your night off with couple of drinks. If the South Bay is a little out of your reach, then try downtown Santa Monica, there is always much doing on. Sprinkled everywhere are countless upscale eateries, dive and classy bars/lounges, and of course the pier.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/watermans-hermosa-beach





http://www.yelp.com/biz/copa-d-oro-santa-monica



http://www.yelp.com/biz/cameo-bar-santa-monica-2

No comments:

Post a Comment