The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Saturday, May 24, 2014

I love you.

Today is a special little landmark in my life. It has been 6 months since things have been "official" my my boyfriend Yukio and I and about 7 months since we have been together. Sure, 6 months is a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of life, however this time in my life have been the most intense and precious time in my adult life. In social media, people will share their spectrum of emotions or keep it light and positive, light and positive is what I do my best to continue. The past couple of months have been quite challenging with being laid off from a temporary work assignment to the hurdle of adapting to cohabitation. I am so human; I whine, complain, I want to run away. On the flip side of the coin, I am happy, secure and the sun shines. Now it is clear to me that these rough patches are going to always happen and I need to have faith it will be okay. Love is more than just love, it is a process that includes patience and hard work, which is now clear to me.

Although it's been a journey, it's one that is accompanied by with a wonderfully intelligent, imperfect, loving, smart mouthed, beautiful soul that is my partner in crime and boyfriend. Thank you for supporting me when I was down, challenging me with life experienced, and loving every bit of my perfectly flawed existence. You make my world worth fighting for because you are so special and I will never stop shaking my head at those who have deliberately hurt you. I promise to keep trying and keep doing beyond my best to make something successful of myself.

My support, my muse, my best friend , my Yukio. I love you dearly through thick and thin.

Here's to the next 6 months, year and years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment