The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

The Pink Adventures of the Drift Bunny

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Weekly


What an awesome holiday weekend it was! I hope you all had lots of fun and didn’t make your liver send you an angry letter this morning. This was the first weekend in about 5 weeks that I got to spend with my turbo by Garrett busy bee and it was one of the best in a long time; everything from spring cleaning (yawn) to car activities, and hanging out on the town. We even saw 3 super cars, except I’ve seen Ferraris daily driven constantly in Redondo Beach, so I only count the black on black LFA in Palos Verdes or the sexy silver SLS on 190th st.

Memorial Day weekend began after I got off work and returned to the Taira/Candelario nest with additional groceries for one of my favorite dinners we make together; do it yourself pizza. Yukio has a whole shelf of liquor, with Grey Goose being my poison and a long week under my belt, I was definitely drinking few cosmos. Long talks on life, motorsports, and everything in between, the night turned out to be just perfect, especially with our bunny Nico running all over the place and discovering beyond the living room.



Saturday was such a beautiful day and started off great especially after knocking out like a rock the night before. Today was the day that Yukio would fulfill his goal of finally getting a small piece of the American dream; a grill. This was just necessary for such a weekend, ALL our neighbors had theirs out and we needed to hop on that bandwagon! Of course with most shopping trips, it is nearly impossible to get in and out with what is needed, and for us, that is constantly the story. We walked out with a grill and apparent expensive vacuum that was double what the price said. Being the total woman I am and not wanting to leave wrong, I insisted on going back in and making sure we really just bought the $150 cleaning tool that was listed for $90. The chick who helped us decided to just give it to us for that price since it was so confusing to understand, thank goodness for my nosiness and holler for understanding Walmart employees!


After getting home and setting up our new toys for the apartment, it was time to light up that piece of the American dream with flammable liquids and woodchips. I haven’t used a coal/woodchip grill in ages, so when I heard “relax, I’ve done this before” along with seeing huge flames spew from the small grill I believed we were totally screwed. Of course, my boyfriend is worldly and intelligent, so we didn’t die, and our dinner of pork and veggies turned out AMAZING. Again, drinks, movie, and bunny on the loose followed to make it a second great night.

Sunday morning soon began, started with our morning routine of snuggling up next to each other and checking our social media accounts. My day started on the right foot since my favorite F1 driver, Nico Rosberg, got pole position during qualifying for Monaco. *sigh* F1 Monaco, one day I’ll get to cover that event WITH driver interviews. A girl can dream, can’t she? After our daily dose of phone time, we got ready for the Hermosa Beach street festival. I remember going to one of those years ago, and this time it was spent with someone who would crack jokes at the awkward people that always seem to be at these things. The string of booths was a descent size, the middle of everything was the entrance to the pier and bars that sprinkled all around. Everything from art vendors, boutiques, and driveway pavers were present and interesting to take a gander at. There was a really interesting booth where a guy had dipped leaves, acorns, baby pinecones, even peanuts in 24k gold and you could create your own necklace or earrings with them.  It’s been a while since I’ve really gotten any trinkets for myself, so Yukio had me pick one to make my own necklace. It was really sweet, especially since he knows I like things that are unique and not cookie cutter to what everyone else owns. After the street festival, we headed home to change but ended up staying. Okay, I ended up falling asleep on the couch, but how could I not? There was a gorgeous breeze, the sun was out, and Yukio was playing Halo on Xbox. Nap time was no compromise. Like the past 2 perfect nights; survived to start of the grill, amazing dinner on the patio, hookah with movies, and Nico running laps around the house.

Monday morning had arrived so quickly, and today we were going to FINALLY clean out my stupid car. If you knew the stupid story behind my car, you would understand why I am so mean and neglect the damn thing. First things first, we needed to find a new spot for breakfast burritos, since our usual Grace Deli’s had closed down and Yukio is a total foodie for excellent burritos. We found a little Mexican restaurant in Manhattan Beach on Sepulveda that hit the spot and made decent chilaquiles, which is what I had been jonesing for lately. Finally, we got to my car, and gave her a much needed scrubbing. After vacuuming the inside, we headed home to where the fun really started. Yukio’s good friend John Naderi sent a care package of Mother’s Polish brand detailing supplies a while ago, and we used everything in that box to make my little Benz sparkle like the day I bought it. It took about 3 hours from wash to wax total, but we got the job done! Feel free to check out my review on all the Mother’s products we used to detail my car with!























During the clay bar-ing, Yukio told me stories about his show car days with his Camary he built and showed at HIN, DUB, and other car shows back in the day. After working together, my little C300 absolutely sparkled! I was then informed we needed to take a cruise to enjoy our hard work along with take glamour shots of it, so a drive to my favorite spot in Palos Verde was our destination. The rest of our weekend was spent just relaxing at home after I treated my detailing teacher to some in n out. This long weekend was so nice being spent doing few things here and there as well as some much needed productive activities that included our new vacuum and cleaning out my car. The rest of the work week should fly by and I am really looking forward to the adventures next weekend has planned for us.




















xoxo Drift Bunny





No comments:

Post a Comment